Give your immune system a boost at Drip IV Lounge in Port Elizabeth.
A healthy immune system protects us by creating a barrier that stops those nasty invaders, or antigens, from entering the body. If one should slip by this barrier, the immune system produces white blood cells, and other chemicals and proteins that attack and destroy these foreign substances. Isn’t that pretty cool?
When your immune system is at its optimum and in tip-top condition, you probably won’t even notice it working away to protect you around the clock.
However, should that not be the case, you will definitely know that there is something wrong as your immune system. Your immune system is your body’s built-in defense mechanism, which fights against illness and infection. Picture a small army fighting for your health!
So, if you are feeling good today, thank your immune system! I would even go as far as to say that you should be giving yourself a pat on the back for looking after it!
If you have ever wondered what your immune system does and why it’s so important I read a really cool article that should help shed some light.
The immune system basics:
- The main purpose of your immune system is to protect your body from viruses and bacteria. Without it, they’d have free reign and you’d be constantly falling ill.
- Your immune system works by recognising the difference between your body’s cells and alien cells, allowing it to destroy any that could be potentially harmful.
- This usually works well but can cause problems if your immune system wrongly classifies some of your own cells and attacks them instead.
So here is the million dollar question – why exactly do you need a healthy immune system?
- A robust and properly functioning immune system helps you go about daily life as you come into contact with germs and bugs from pets, other people, and your environment.
- Without a healthy immune system, you could pick up infections and infectious diseases more easily, and the effects could be serious – even fatal.
- Your body’s first line of defense is its physical barriers. If viruses and bacteria manage to break through, there are specialised cells that will jump into action.
- Your bloodstream and key areas of your body contain white blood cells that can fight and destroy the viruses and bacteria they find.
Sometimes, your immune system can overreact and even attack your body’s own cells. This is what happens in the case of autoimmune diseases and allergies like hay fever. It is for this reason that donated blood and organs must always be very careful matched.
It is very easy to take the immune system for granted, because it does such a good job at keeping us free from infection around the clock! If you have a healthy immune system, look after it and it will look after you.
Need a little immune boost? Drip IV Lounge offers a variety of immune boosting IV treatments. At DRIP IV Lounge the team believes that prevention is better than cure.
They also believe that a healthy body leads to a healthy mind and a healthy life. Their dedicated staff work hand in hand with Drip IV Lounges in-house doctor, Dr Jacques Theron, who is there to ensure that your individual needs and requirements are met.
Drip IV treatments will boost your immune system and support recovery from illnesses. Chat to them today and give your immune system the added boost it needs – 064 654 2302 | email@example.com
Find them located at 184 Main Road, Walmer, Port Elizabeth