Everyone wants beautiful, healthier and younger-looking skin. With technological advancement, there are multiple cosmetic procedures and treatments to obtain it and maintain it. Dermapen is the latest technology available on the market that helps to treat a variety of skin issues. Known as microneedling therapy, Dermapen helps reduce wrinkles and stretch marks as well as under-eye fine lines, pigmentation and scaring with no downtime or pain.
Let us learn some more:
What Is a Dermapen?
Dermapen is a micro-needling procedure on the skin with zero downtime and pain. The treatment encourages natural collagen production. It helps to rejuvenate the skin and improves the overall appearance of your skin. As mentioned prior this advanced treatment can help you treat stretch marks, acne scarring, scars, wrinkles, and pigmentation.
Dermapen can also help you with the following:
- Improve wrinkles and fine lines
- Tightens, lifts, and rejuvenates sagging skin
- Brightens your skin
- Reduces stretch marks
- It can help with smokers’ lines that form around the lips
- Reduces acne
- Improves large pores
The treatment is quite effective and safe. The procedure is usually repeated every 4-6 weeks.
How does a Dermapen work?
Dermapen uses fine needles. The needles create tiny punctures into the surface of the skin. And these minute punctures create wounds that further trigger the natural healing process and help new cells to form. The new cells replace the old cells, and the dead and damaged skin gets dissolved. And the formation of new cells, new collagen, and tissue growth results in rejuvenated skin while repairing itself. It is a non-invasive, painless cosmetic procedure that leaves you with brighter and firmer skin.
Here are some of the facts about Dermapen:
- It is a cosmetic procedure.
- It is non-invasive and pain-free.
- The treatment procedure is safe for healthy people.
- Pregnant and nursing mothers should avoid this.
- One sitting takes around 1-2 hours, depending on your requirements and skin condition.
- It gives you rejuvenated, firmer and tighter skin.
Dermapen technology is pretty new compared to other advanced treatments like chemical peels and laser treatment. And the procedure uses needles; therefore, the interest level is high in understanding how it is done. People have the misconception that it is a painful treatment as it involves needles.
Let us understand the procedure followed:
First of all, any makeup applied on the skin is removed, and then it is cleaned properly. After that, the skin is disinfected, and a serum, hyaluronic acid, is applied to hold the water. In the next step, a numbing/anaesthetic cream is applied to the treatment area to numb the skin; though the procedure is painless, it is still given for zero pain. After that, the Dermapen treatment is given. Tiny punctures are made on the skin’s surface using the needle—the wounds created by the needle help generate new cells and collagens. The treated area gets heals on its own, giving you rejuvenated, glowing skin.
What Are the Benefits of a Dermapen?
This new technology offers several benefits. It is quite effective in removing scars and imperfections on the skin. The procedure is highly beneficial in improving overall appearance, skin tone, and texture. And it also works wonderfully in reducing stretch marks.
Some of the other benefits of Dermapen are:
- It transforms your skin.
- It may improve the circulation of blood.
- It can increase collagen production.
- It can work on all skin types.
- It is a scar-less procedure.
- The healing process may be faster.
- No downtown. You can do your daily work almost immediately after the procedure. However some may find that they do go a little red in the face.
- It can be used on any body, like the neck, face, mouth, scalp, and stomach.
- The procedure is pain-free.
- It can treat several skin conditions like acne, scar, pigmentation, and stretch marks.
How Long do Dermapen Results Last?
If you take good post-care, Dermapen results last for around 4-6 weeks after your first session. The subsequent sitting can last from 8-12 weeks. Mostly it requires 2-3 sittings in a year.
The aftercare can help the results to stay longer. It includes:
- Staying active
- Avoid direct sun
- Eating nutritious food
- Follow a balanced diet
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated
Find our more about Dermapen by calling Sorbet Walmer Park on 041 367 2696 or alternatively WhatsApp them in 066 182 5133.
You can view their offerings online
Other articles in this category: Impressive eyelashes are getting all of the attention this season! • Ultimate relaxation and beautiful hands and toes from Sparkle Boutique